The ECC 2014 in Lisbon is just days away, and with it the official launch of our new Temporary Working Group! For everyone coming to Lisbon, here are two important dates to mark in your calender:
1. Our business meeting (with the management team election and news about or plans and upcoming conference) will take place on Thursday, 13 Nov 2014, 13:30-14:30 in Room 3b, Ground Floor of the conference venue.
2. We have an exciting launch panel on Friday, 14 Now 2014, 16:30-18:00 in Room 1.08, First Floor.Five presentations will be discussing strategies for contemporary journalism and PR education:
1. Teaching Big. Educational strategies in the field of data journalism – a comparative study in
six European countries. [Sergio Splendore, Milano, Italy]
2. Learning Outcome on Press Freedom through a Practical Pedagogical Tool: The ‘Rig’.
[Elsebeth Frey and Solveig Steien, Oslo and Akershus, Norway]
3. Innovation by educating journalism entrepreneurs [Gemma van der Kamp, Michel
4. Student Portfolios as Indicators of Professional Deontology: Axiological Study of the
Audiovisual Portfolio Work of Advertising and Public Relations Students at Pompeu Fabra
University [Matilde Obradors Barba / Ana Fernández‐Aballí Altamirano, Barcelona, Spain]
5. Ethnographic Journalism: Mending the gap between the academy and journalism training?
[Anne Kirstine Hermann, Odense, Denmark]
Looking forward to seeing you in Lisbon for the kick-off of our new working group!